Beware of scam from a coin called solnftevent

Hi there everyone I received a unknown token in my phantom wallet thinking cool what’s this I went a did the dumb thing and checked out what it was about it led me to this web page and it said I was in for a free nft well thinking this was genuine , I connected to the site and the wiped out all my Sol , really pissed off that they could mint a coin and send it to my wallet so beware of these unknown tokens , what a great Christmas rip off, so far they have manage to take $25000 in the last day. SOL NFT is the site don’t connect your wallet to them and this is the address that is receiving the sol. Solscan please beware this is Christmas and I’ve lost enough savings for the lot of us now back to work to try and get some back never trust the phantom wallet unknown tokens they shouldn’t even exist, don’t think I’ll be using the phantom wallet again, so easy to lose your money from these types of scam’s. . Worse thing if I had looked closer is solscan they actually had solnftevent.con, cant believe I got scammed they even use Anatoly Yakovenko on there cover page.

2 Likes

This is the transactions were the stolen sol is going. Solscan

1 Like

Hi @Puni and thanks for the warning. I’m sorry you got your tokens stolen. :confused:

For what it’s worth, if somebody sent you mysterious tokens, they would pop up in any Solana wallet that actually worked. It was just doing it’s job, showing you what you owned.

It’s the website that you connected to that stole your tokens.

Again, so sorry about that!

2 Likes

Yep know now learning the hard way, sad how they can mint BS tokens tho , pity they can’t be checked. What a easy scam really brilliant really. Lucky it wasn’t as much as one person he lost 95 sol ouchhh.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s rough. An idea that might help is to have separate savings and checking wallets.

So then you transfer money you’re not going to need to get to frequently to a separate wallet that you never log into web pages with. That way you limit the damage malicious websites can do.

Maybe use a hardware or cold steel wallet for your savings account, too.

1 Like

yeah I’v got hard wallets but I didn’t jerry that scam tokens are easily sent only been in this for 3 months but that’s life it’s only money it will roll back in not like it’s death I know now not to connect to any bs pages and for sure I will be limiting amounts in wallets from now on in just in case i fk it up again lol… thanks for your info really appreciate it, hopefully the scram is pulled down or something terrible as.

3 Likes

Yeah, there is this community list of scam and safe sites, I’m not sure how you submit sites, but maybe you could submit it as a scam:

2 Likes

Awesome wish I had seen this first ,thanks.

2 Likes

Just had the same done to me from my Solflare wallet, a Christmas nft gift appeared on my collectibles section. I clicked to to mint it and it wiped all 22 sol from my phantom wallet :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry to hear yeah asshole they are they got me too a week ago one thing I’ve learnt is to not open them unknown tokens and never conduct a purchase with a full wallet so only put in what you need there fore isolating your major bag, sorry to hear about your loss.

2 Likes

I always admire scammers because they’re smart people.

1 Like

Please can I be a validator on solana with just a laptop

1 Like

I understand this, believe it or not! I hate their drive, but damn…I admire the smarts. If only they used that power for good.

Yep would be nice if they hit all the assholes instead of hitting small timers all the time. karma has a way of thinning things out over time, most who do wrong things end up with a degree of bad luck so it all pans out.