As discussed on the recent Validator Roundtable we wanted to send this follow-up to provide more information. As our network and Foundation mature, we’ve decided to reduce the rewards for Mainnet Beta and Tour de SOL. This reduction will be implemented as of September 1, 2020, as we get closer and closer to enabling inflation (which is anticipated to occur in late 2020). Kindly note that all rewards are always subject to change at the Foundation’s sole discretion, however we will do our best to keep everyone updated and provide sufficient time for business decisions to be made by all validators.
For updates you should join and follow:
We want to give a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to the Solana incentivised networks since our humble beginnings back in August of 2019. Now 12 months later, we’ve been able to successfully launch Mainnet Beta with a robust community of over 130 high-quality validators, and over 380 validators on Tour de SOL.
The changes to compensation are as follows:
Monthly compensation for Mainnet Beta:
- Previously 5,000 SOL / month
- Now 2,000 SOL / month
- Effective as of September 1st, 2020
Note that, any Validator’s continued participation after September 1, 2020 represents that Validator’s acceptance of the new participation agreement terms. For convenience, the new terms can be found here.
Tour de SOL
Monthly compensation for Tour de SOL:
- Previously 2,000 SOL / month
- Now 500 SOL / month
- Effective as of Tour de SOL Stage 8 (will be announced but projected is mid-September 2020)
The ‘critical bug’ rewards for each exploit identified in Tour de SOL will stay the same.
- Loss of Funds/Safety Violation: 50,000 SOL (per bug)
- Loss of of Availability (i.e. halting the network or preventing consensus from moving forward): 25,000 SOL (per bug)
- DoS (i.e. flooding the node with messages, but not overwhelming the hardware): 20,000 SOL (per bug)
- Any bugs that are ‘Critical’ but do not fall under the above categories will be assessed on a case by case basis and awarded: Up to 50,000 SOL (per bug)
*Reminder: rewards are delivered locked 12 months from the date of delivery, but can be staked during the lock up period.