What exactly is CUET?
The Common University Entrance Test (CUET) is an entrance test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to ug courses offered by the Central Universities. The name of this exam is Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUET). The test is organised once a year in over 500 places across India. The duration of the exam will be hours 3 Hours 15 minutes or 3 Hours 45 minutes depending on the options the candidate has chosen. Firstly, CUET was administered in offline mode but now NTA has been administering the test in online mode since last year.
CUET-2022 Colleges and Universities:
The government has proposed holding a Common University Entrance Test, which might be a game-changer for India’s advanced education system (CUET). From the academic session 2022- 2023, there are 44 CUET sharing universities and institutions. Many people may be surprised to learn that a plan to reduce the strain of advanced cut-offs in the utmost prestigious central institutions has been in the workshop for quite some time. Still, the Common Entrance Test was made possible by the National Education Policy (NEP), which aims to introduce dramatic changes to the country’s educational system.
The University of Delhi (DU), Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Banaras Hindu University (BHU), and others are among India’s 54 Central Universities. CUET 2022 will bring together 44 central universities from across the country.
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Assam University
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Central University of Andhra Pradesh
- Central University of South Bihar
- Central University of Gujarat
- Central University of Haryana
- Central University of Himachal Pradesh
- Central University of Jammu
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Central University of Karnataka
- Central University of Kashmir
- Central University of Kerala
- Central University of Odisha
- Central University of Punjab
- Central University of Rajasthan
- Central University of Tamil Nadu
- Harisingh Gaur Vishwa Vidyalaya
- Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya
- Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University
- Indira Gandhi National Tribal University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya
- Manipur University
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Mizoram University
- Nagaland University
- North-Eastern Hill University
- Pondicherry University
- Rajiv Gandhi University
- Sikkim University
- Tezpur University
- The English and Foreign Languages University
- Tripura University
- University of Allahabad
- University of Delhi
- University of Hyderabad
- Visva Bharati University
- Mahatma Gandhi Central University
- Central Sanskrit University, Delhi
- Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University
- National Sanskrit University
Eligibility Criteria for CUET 2022:
On the CUET website, the sanctioned announcement for CUET 2022 has been published. According to the most recent CUET advertisement, there’s no age limit for individuals applying for the CUET (UG) - 2022. Students who have passed or are listed to take the class 12th/original examination in 2022, are eligible to take the CUET (UG) - 2022 test.
Students will be required to meet the age conditions (if any) of the universities to which they wish to apply.
Crucial Points Regarding CUET 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
- Each Central University participating in the program is suitable for setting its own admissions criteria for CUET Eligibility.
- CUET Eligibility doesn’t specify an age limit at this time.
- Central Universities, on the other hand, have the authority to set minimum and maximum age conditions for admission to all (or any) of the programs on offer.
- Students are recommended to consult the University website to which they’re applying for their programs because the eligibility criteria for admission may be unique for each University.
- Students should ensure that they meet the eligibility conditions of the university to which they’re applying before submitting an application form.
- A seeker’s bare presence in the Entrance Test or passing the test doesn’t allow him or her to be considered for admission to the Program unless he or she meets the University’s Program-specific eligibility conditions.
Reservation system in CUET:
Because CUET is an entrance test for admissions to Undergraduate programs at Central Universities established under an Act of Parliament, each Central University must adhere to the Government of India’s input and seat reservation guidelines. The SC/ ST, OBC, and PwD orders are given certain latitude in this area of the CUET Eligibility.
A seeker must be suitable to present licit documents/ instruments to support claims for reservation benefits grounded on an estate (or any other group as defined).
Every candidate must corroborate the legality of their application as per the guidelines listed in the CUET Eligibility criteria, as well as the Central University to which they’re applying. The seeker should be apprehensive of any documents that may be needed during the application process or the admissions process.
Test Pattern & Marking Scheme for CUET:
Given the position of interest in CUET, all applicants must understand the CUET test Pattern in order to design an effective test plan for CUET 2022.
The Computer Based Test (CBT) for the CUET entrance test will be held online. Depending on the option chosen by the aspirant, the test will last 3 hours 15 seconds or 3 hours 45 seconds.
NTA will also conduct the CUET Exam in 13 languages (Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi, and Urdu).
CUET 2022 will be conducted in an online mode as Computer Based Test-CBT
CUET (UG) – 2022 will consist of the following 4 sections namely-
- Section IA – 13 Languages (Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi, and Urdu)
- Section IB – 19 Languages (French, Spanish, German, Nepali, Persian, Italian, Arabic, Sindhi, Kashmiri, Konkani, Bodo, Dogri, Maithili, Manipuri, Santhali, Tibetan, Japanese, Russian, Chinese.)
- Section II – 27 Domain-specific Subjects (listed below)
- Section III – General Test
The question paper will be Multiple Choice Question type only.
Section IA & IB- A candidate can choose a maximum of any 3 languages from Section IA and Section IB has taken together. (One of the languages chosen needs to be in lieu of Domain-specific subjects)
Section II offers 27 Subjects, out of which a candidate may choose a maximum of 6 Subjects.
Section III comprises General Test.
For choosing Languages (up to 3) from Section IA and IB and a maximum of 6 Subjects from Section II and General Test under Section III, the candidate must refer to the requirements of his/her intended University.
Sphere-Specific Subject: CUET Test Pattern 2022
The CUET test Pattern lists 27 sphere-specific subjects, which are shown below, Students are allowed to elect up to six subjects from the list below.
- Accountancy/ Book Keeping
- Biology/ Biological Studies/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry
- Business Studies
- Computer Science/ Informatics Practices
- Economics/ Business Economics
- Engineering Graphics
- Geography/ Geology
- Home Science
- Knowledge Tradition and Practices of India
- Legal Studies
- Environmental Science
- Physical Education/ NCC/ Yoga
- Political wisdom
- tutoring Aptitude
- Mass Media/ Mass Communication
- Fine Arts/ Visual trades( Form/ oil)/ Commercial trades,
- Performing trades –
(i) cotillion (Kathak/Bharatnatyam/Oddisi/Kathakali/Kuchipudi/Manipuri
(ii) Drama- Theatre
(iii) Music General (Hindustani/ Carnatic/Rabindra Sangeet/ Percussion/Non-Percussion)
What’s the importance of CUET 2022?
While CUET 2021 gave access to 14 Central Universities, CUET 2022 will give access to all 54 Central Universities across the country. As a result, it’s critical that scholars comprehend the CUET test Pattern and concentrate on well- preparing for the test in order to secure a spot in the programme and university of their choice.