Growth of Stake Delegation Programs

The Solana Foundation is committed to increasing the censorship resistance of the Solana network through our validator delegation program, grants, and other initiatives. As the Solana infrastructure around delegation has matured, other stakeholders in the community are now creating their own delegation strategies and broadly delegating SOL to validators with the goal of maximizing censorship resistance, and thus the resilience of the Solana network.

Over the next few weeks, the total amount of stake in stake pools delegated to current and future Validators is expected to increase to approximately 118 million SOL. No action is needed by any Validators to take advantage of this growing pool of stake. The criteria for receiving delegation from the Solana Foundation as part of the delegation program remains unchanged. To learn more about these requirements please read the previous announcements.

SOL owned directly by the Foundation will continue to be used in the Delegation Program for the foreseeable future. We are excited to enter this next stage of adoption of stake delegation programs which will continue to add resilience to the Solana network and to our community of hard working validators.

7 Likes

Wow this is huge news. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little afraid of this Brave New World of staking but it certainly is going to be interesting if nothing else!

3 Likes

Great and thank you SOL
I’m just a little one who stake via ATOMIC, 7%
I do not have the knowledge for your Staking page, nor as a validator!
The language prevents me in the 1st but I advance and I gladly make your Pub