How do I bridge ETH from the Ethereum network to Solana?

I have been trying to get an answer for about a month on Reddit, but nobody seems to know. Those who tried to bridge ETH encountered the same problem as me - as below:

I used the Allbridge (dot) io bridge to move 4.5 ETH from the Ethereum network (on my Metamask) to the Solana network (on my Phantom wallet). In my phantom wallet I received a token called aeWETH (Wrapped Ethereum Allbridge). Then I wanted to convert it to SOL or USDC in my Phantom wallet. There is no way to “SWAP” it for anything. I also checked on Raydium (dot) io which is supposed to be the Uniswap clone on Solana. There was no way for Raydium to treat aeWETH as ETH. There are no pools for aeWETH. It can’t be staked, swapped, exchanged, or pooled on Raydium.

In the end, I was forced to use Allbridge to convert my aeETH back to ETH on the Ethereum network.

So can someone tell me how to move ETH to Solana in a way which makes it usable?

1 Like

Hi @Trickyt57 and welcome to the forum! :wave:

I believe that many people use Sollet.io to receive wrapped Ethereum using an integration with Metamask.

I think the tokens that you get through that bridge are kind of the de-facto across Solana exchanges, but I’m not 100% positive.

You can also look into Wormhole, but I’m not sure how that differs with the Sollet bridge.

Definitely look into those options and do your own research there, because I haven’t used either yet and I’m not positive the differences between them yet.

After doing a little bit more investigation, it seems like wormhole is the recommended way to bridge ETH to Solana:

https://wormholebridge.com/#/transfer

Here’s the documentation by Serum on it:

Disclaimer: I haven’t used it, but Serum is reputable and this is what is in their docs, so I believe it’s legit.

Also, I just discovered that it looks like Saber has liquidity for Allbridge wrapped tokens, so you might be able to trade you Allbridge tokens there.

Another disclaimer: I haven’t used Saber yet either.

Edit: Also, it looks like Saber is only for trading between stable pairs like ( one kind of wrapped ETH to another kind of ETH ), so that’s probably not what you want.

In the current crypto market, similar to the popularity of cryptocurrencies, the crypto exchanges are also gaining prominence. Therefore, the popularity and revenue streams made entrepreneurs start their own DeFi exchange on ethereum blockchain.

But many entrepreneurs expect some common factors like reduction in development cost, deployment time, easy customization, etc. When digging deep into their anticipation, here begins the evolution of the white label Uniswap clone scripts.

If you are unaware of it, then let me share some of the highlights of white label Uniswap clone scripts.

white label Uniswap clone scripts is a precoded exchange software that consists of all the essential attributes which are required to launch a DeFi exchange.

As the software is precoded, it has already undergone all the development and testing processes. So the script becomes a bug-free one.

The cost involved in launching a defi exchange with it, approximately comes under a reasonable price and it can be launched in less than a week.

I hope you have got an idea about how thewhite label Uniswap clone script became the best choice for entrepreneurs. Moving forward, If you make up your mind about starting your Ethereum based DeFi exchange by using the Uniswap clone script, then it leads you to become a crypto star Entrepreneur. Still have doubts

Discuss your project with the team of industry experts & Grab a free DEMO right now >> Uniswap Clone Script