How to create a dynamic NFT?

How to create dynamic NFT?
Or are there any pointers of how to go about it?

Hi @gerald556 could you describe more about what you want to accomplish?

Do you mean something like making an NFT that is customized for a specific user or something like that?

NFTs can be created fully using public APIs so it’s 100% possible to programatically generate NFTs.

I want to create a dynamic NFT

Ah, I think I understand, I was thinking dynamically create an NFT.

What do you need the NFT to do? Like do you want it to animate, or be different depending on the day of the week or something like that?

I think you could do it, but since I don’t know of any standards for doing that, the dynamic nature of the NFT would only work on your own apps that you made, the dynamic part probably wouldn’t work in typical wallets and marketplaces.

Yeah.
No information about this. How would I change the URI of an image of NFT depending on an external or random factor, time of the day, for instance?

I don’t know of any NFT standards that let you do this currently. You could do it if you only needed support inside of your own app, but it wouldn’t integrate properly with Phantom or Solflare wallets for instance.

You could ask on the Metaplex discord channel. They might have an idea:

Metaplex is the standard used by most NFTs on Solana.

Just be very careful of scammers on Discord, and never give anybody your seed phrase or private key, even actual administrators will never ask for it.

Hey, @gerald556
Have a look at https://www.degeneratefarm.io/nfts/pigs/573448656568.html
It’s a pig dynamic nft on Polygon blockchain.
I am building such nfts on Solana blockchain.

That’s a dynamic nft on Poligon - so what?
You’re building it on solana - so what?

And? How can your input help me?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.