Hi Solana Community!
We’re happy to announce that the Nomination Period of the community process to enable inflation on Mainnet-Beta has closed and we have received 12 nominations. Thank you to everyone who submitted! All of the Nomination PRs that were submitted during this timeframe are currently in the process of being merged into the latest release v1.4.26.
The final list of Inflation Candidates is:
|Inflation Candidate||Vote Address|
The v1.4.26 release will be announced on Discord and validators will have the option to upgrade to this version.
We wait for 95% of validator-stake, along with exchange and partner nodes, to upgrade to v1.4.26
The Voting Period will then begin when the Solana Foundation activates the Inflation Candidate Feature Proposals and publishes the list of Inflation Candidates along with their Acceptance Addresses to be used in the voting process. Upon activating the Feature Proposals the Foundation will:
- Generate Vote-SPL tokens for each candidate Feature Proposal
- Distribute each set of Vote-SPL tokens across the active validator set in 1:1 proportion to the amount of stake delegated to each validator
Validators can then send the Vote-SPL tokens to the candidate Acceptance Address to register their votes for that candidate.
- Note: Validators will have Vote-SPL tokens for each candidate and are free to vote for as many candidates as they desire.
Once any Inflation Candidate receives >66% of their Vote-SPL tokens deposited in their Acceptance Address, the feature will be activated and that candidate will be able to submit a command to enable inflation on Mainnet-Beta:
solana feature activate <inflation.json>
So what do I do right now?
If you’re an inflation candidate, feel free to start campaigning in this thread if you’d like.
If you’re a Mainnet Beta validator, keep an eye on Discord for the v1.4.26 release.
Otherwise, keep an eye on Discord and these forums when we announce the details of the Voting Period (steps 3-5 above).
How much longer do we have to wait for inflation?
The timeline of the rest of the process is hard to estimate because it is out of the Foundations control. But we estimate the following
- v1.4.26 released today: Feb 5th
- 95% of validators, exchanges and partners upgraded: Feb 7th or 8th
- Voting Period starts: Feb 8th or 9th
- Assuming successful vote, inflation on Mainnet Beta the following epoch so: Feb 9th - Feb 11th