Issue w/ solana tools suite

I am trying to run anchor build and have an issue with llvm-objcopy not being executed, I am using WSL 1: Ubuntu

More about the issue -

BPF SDK: /home/sk1122/.local/share/solana/install/releases/1.9.2/solana-release/bin/sdk/bpf cargo-build-bpf child: rustup toolchain list -v cargo-build-bpf child: cargo +bpf build --target bpfel-unknown-unknown --release Finished release [optimized] target(s) in 3.92s cargo-build-bpf child: /home/sk1122/.local/share/solana/install/releases/1.9.2/solana-release/bin/sdk/bpf/scripts/strip.sh /mnt/c/Users/ASUS/OneDrive/Desktop/Code/blockchain/solana_app/target/bpfel-unknown-unknown/release/solana_app.so /mnt/c/Users/ASUS/OneDrive/Desktop/Code/blockchain/solana_app/target/deploy/solana_app.so /home/sk1122/.local/share/solana/install/releases/1.9.2/solana-release/bin/sdk/bpf/scripts/strip.sh: line 23: /home/sk1122/.local/share/solana/install/releases/1.9.2/solana-release/bin/sdk/bpf/dependencies/bpf-tools/llvm/bin/llvm-objcopy: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

I am running the default anchor code which comes with a new project, nothing fancy there.

Using Solana 1.9.2 ( updated Solana yesterday to check if it fixes the issue :frowning: )

thanks

used 1.8.11 also and still not working :frowning:

It sounds like this might be related to WSL. Are you sure that you are in the WSL command prompt before you run anchor build?

Yeah I am on WSL and tried both on 1 and 2

Try running this command, it should output “ELF” which may insert itself right before your command prompt when you run it:

head -c 4 /home/sk1122/.local/share/solana/install/releases/1.9.2/solana-release/bin/sdk/bpf/dependencies/bpf-tools/llvm/bin/llvm-objcopy

Thanks, It worked but I have a problem with rust which I can solve, thanks