Mistake with transaction - I put the adress of token contract of SOLAR BEAR except of my Sollet wallet

Hi friends!

Tonight I did a silly mistake. Very very silly mistake((
I copy pasted the adress of SOLAR BEAR contract (DktNJUJAWJyeLw3ykCkFNpGohE24SoEhevKBskRi6P1y) except of copy pasting the adress of my Sollet Wallet (DsUCzKtDnyRPS3A35fBGJLSvqKpKbAVPSs3d6ma6uNFk). So my SOL from Binance travelled to SOLAR BEAR contract. Guys at Solar Bear Telegramm Channel told that it is now impossible.

I’m not so technically good to understand blockchain technology, but is there any possibility to return my SOL? The block number of transaction is 108861268 (Solscan).

Is there any chance that I can return SOL?

Some people say that it is like I burned them. But I’m extreamly sad of this silly mistake - I’m not so reach to burn(((

Please help me!

Hi @Broit and welcome to the forum! :wave:

I’m sorry to say, the Solar Bear guys are correct, your tokens are almost 100% surely lost.

There is only one possibility I can think of for how to get them back. I haven’t tested it yet, I will test it once I get the chance to see if it’s possible, but if my test works, you might be able to get whoever has the private key that can update the Solar Bear contract to transfer the funds back to you.

I’m not sure if there even is a person who has that key anymore, or if it’s even possible to transfer back if they did have the key. I’ll do a little testing and let you know what I find, but don’t get your hopes up. Most likely the tokens are gone forever.

Sorry about that!

1 Like

Zicklag, thank you very much for your answer! It will be great if you will find the way to take them back. Keep in tough please/ That might be not only one problem. Any solution will soun great for everyone I suppose.

1 Like

My initial investigation shows me that Solana won’t even allow me to transfer tokens to a program address. It gives me an error: "Error: RPC response error -32002: Transaction simulation failed: Transaction loads a writable account that cannot be written ".

This is strange, because I’m not sure how you transferred the tokens to the contract addres. I’m going to take a closer look at your Solscan link once I get the chance and let you know what I find.

1 Like

But can one adress may be used as a wallet adress and contract adress? In one block? Theoretically?

I’m quite sure it can’t be. A contract is actually a kind of account, just like a wallet, so you can’t have a contract with the same address as a wallet, I don’t think.

Anyway, I’ll check it out as soon as I get the chance.

1 Like

Hi @Broit sorry it took me so long to get to looking at it. It looks like there’s not a way to get the tokens back.

What you sent your tokens too was an SPL token address, which is different than a smart contract address, apparently, so it didn’t stop you from sending them. I don’t know of any way to get it back. Sorry for your loss!