Newbie staking questions

Hi there, I’v seen the posts from the validators, I’ve seen the staking page on Solana Beach but I’m still having difficulty figuring how to evaluate validators. I would really appreciate it if someone could explain a few of the basics to me.

• What does inflation adjusted return mean in this context? Is this simply assuming zero price change and the inflation from the new supply added?
  • What is the proper return number to look at and compare across validators from a stakers perspective (expected return)
  • What are the key risk metrics for comparing stakers? What factors could increase risk of slashing?

Thanks in advance

Look at the validator logos on solanabeach.io when you see a frog image delegate some to them, otherwise not. This is the way.

Hi, you can find a list of top validators on my website at https://www.validators.app/?locale=en&network=mainnet&order=score

Click through the list to see some details + a link to their websites. Visit their websites and then pick one or more based on what you see.

1 Like

nice that you build this score list!