Phantom Wallet : Transaction failed, tokens are lost. Please help!

SOS!!! I have lost all my tokens on Phantom after transaction fail. Indeed, I tried to contribute to the Solchicks’ IDO. Solchicks did not receive my contribution and the tokens are no longer on my Phantom Wallet. In my transaction history on Phantom, I see that the transaction failed due to an insufficient gas fee error. What should I do to recover my tokens? Please help if you can, feeling hopeless.

Hi @Lexafi93 and welcome to the forum! :wave:

I can’t look into it immediately, but can you please share your Phantom public wallet address so that I can investigate on Solscan as soon as I get the chance?

I’m not sure if you funds are recoverable or not, but hopefully I will find something to tell us whether or not we will be able to get them back.

Great. I’m going to try to look at it later today, but I can’t make any guarantees. I’ll get to it as soon as I can, though and let you know what I find out.

1 Like

Hey there, I thought it could be useful to give more details about what happened.

I contributed for an Solchicks presale. I made a first contribution on the project’s website which succeeded. But when I tried to add a second contribution, the contribution amount was not updated but my tokens from the second contribution are gone on my Phantom wallet.

On my Phantom wallet, in my transaction history, I got 2 transactions with the same execution time, both with the project’s website. The first one says success and the second one says fail. Both transactions have the second contribution amount. This happened because I clicked several times the CONTRIBUTE button on Solchicks, every time getting an error message on your website and no update of the contribution amount.

Any idea what might have really happened?

Thanks for the extra info. That could really help. Not sure what might have happened yet, but we should be able to tell at least where the money went by picking apart the transactions in detail on Solscan and the Solana explorer.

I haven’t gotten the chance to look at it yet, but I will as soon as I can. Hopefully within the next 12 hours.

1 Like

Thanks one more time Zicklag!!

Hi @Lexafi93 sorry it took me so long to get a chance to look at, but I just finished looking at your transaction history.

If you check out this transaction you can see that the transaction did successfully go through and transfer 3.514 SOL to this address EzJCNUBepZZKjn9dfcRZnYnGuAqjvuqD4m1io3kbEqYQ. The one that you sent immediately afterward by clicking the button twice did fail, but that was just because you didn’t have any SOL left at that point.

You did successfully send the SOL over in the first transaction, though.

I would ask the people hosing the IDO whether or not this is the correct addresss: EzJCNUBepZZKjn9dfcRZnYnGuAqjvuqD4m1io3kbEqYQ.

If that is not the right address, then I think you may have gotten scammed and gone to the wrong website.