Possible to query all NFT addresses in a specific collection?

Is it possible to obtain a list of all NFT addresses from a collection? Am I correct that there is no on-chain relation between NFTs from the same “collection”? I can’t find any tie between them. I was wondering if it would be possible, on-chain, to identify if an NFT address belongs to a specific collection.

Hi @klk, and welcome to the forum!

As far as I know there isn’t a way to tie NFT’s to a collection, but there could absolutely be things I don’t know about.

It would be perfectly possible to have the NFT contain metadata tying it to a specific collection, but it would be up to a developer of an NFT metadata system, maybe similar to the metadata used by Metaplex, and I’m not sure if anybody is already doing that or not.

I settled for just listing each address individually. Not ideal but the only way I see to do it.

1 Like

And if anyone is wondering how I queried the full list of addresses for a collection, I used this tool: GitHub - samuelvanderwaal/metaboss: The Metaplex NFT-standard Swiss Army Knife tool.

2 Likes

Is there an easier way to obtain this kinda stuff yet? I’d like to do analytics on NFT collections and buying/selling trends… but figuring out how to obtain all addresses from collection mints is confusing me!!!

Hi @Confused and welcome to the forum! :wave:

I’m not sure if there’s an easier way, but the Metaplex folks say they welcome questions on their Discord, so they might have an idea:

:warning: Warning: Telegram and Discord and other messaging platforms are a haven for people trying to scam you. Never give anybody your seed phrase or private key. Even support officials and admins will never ask for your seed phrase or private key. And never use a wallet app that you have not used before if somebody asks you to. They will fake a real wallet and use the fake wallet to steal all of your tokens.

Hey man, I need the same. Can you point me where to read it in the doc?

Here is the solution. mint-lists

Magic Eden Hash List Finder works well for me and metaboss does not work, by which we can get all mint accounts of a collection.

MetaplexMetadata is a repo that we can get the metadata by the mint account.