Private Asset + NFT - private marketplace

Hello. I am new here. I am searching informations about the use of this bloclchain for a private asset. I know how to mint an asset, I know how to mint a NFT, in Solana. But I need to complete the circle. I need to make a wallet wit some restylings to have the control of the complete asset. I need also to interchange NFT and tokens just minted in my own asset. I would create a certain kind of NFTs and I wanto to sell and buy in my private asset with my private tokens. Is it possible here? Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @jeyjey , welcome to the forum!

What you describe is perfectly possible in Solana. I think that it would require developing a custom smart contract in order to allow trading for your private NFT’s with your new token type, but it’s totally possible.

We are planning to create a startup cmpany to do that but I have to choose the platform and the sidekit to begin to develop. Please could you provide a link to a customized private wallet of a token based on Solana blockchain? I have to do a case study. Please. Thanks.

Unfortunately I don’t know of any wallets that have been customized for a private token, sorry. :man_shrugging:

I know you could do it, but I don’t know of anybody who has done it before.

Thanks for the reply. You told that it is completely possible, but the wallet is high required. What is the wallet that I can use to manage my private tokens and my private NFTs? Thanks.

I would have to do some testing, but I’m pretty sure that the Phantom wallet can support transferring custom tokens created with the SPL standard ( which most Solana custom tokens use ).

Again, I haven’t tested it yet, but Phantom also supports viewing your collected NFT’s. And there is the Metaplex project that has a web-app that can be adjusted for your own marketplaces for custom NFTs also, I believe.

I haven’t personally tested these features yet, but if you wanted to fork Phantom and/or adapt Metaplex I think it would go a long way towards your use-case, but it would take more in-depth investigation and experimentation for me to be able to give any solid specifics on exactly how it would be done and what the best tools/wallets to use/adapt would be.

Many thanks. Your help was very very usefull. I will redirect my studies on SPL instead of Cardano that it is too raw at the moment. Many thanks.

1 Like

Hello I am working on all these suggestions. I have a new question if you want to talk to: fees. Ok I know that if I mint a native private asset composed by tokens and NFTs I could manage them with the help of the online wallet like Solarflare. Ok. And the fees will be payd with SOLs. Ok. But I know that there are some big assets in this galaxy (in Solana blockchain), with million tokens, bought and spent every day, and with the wallets support. They are alive on the Solana Blockchain. And the fees are paid by SOL too? They pay the SOL fees to exist in the blockchain? How they do for exist, they have an amount of SOL in their investment plan? If I buy FIDA and if I send one FIDA, I have to hold some SOL? This is the basic aknowledgment I know it … :crazy_face:

Yes. If you are going to do any transactions on Solana you need to have a little bit of SOL to cover transaction fees. This is similar to how you have to pay Ethereum gas fees to transfer ERC-20 tokens on Ethereum, but in Solana the fees are way, way cheaper.

As it sounds like you already know, data stored on the blockchain has to pay rent in SOL to stay on the blockchain. In Solana, if you have some sort of data stored on the blockchain, it is stored in an account. This account must have enough SOL in the account to keep paying rent, or else the account will be deleted by the blockchain.

But usually, when storing something on the blockchain, instead of creating accounts and filling them up over-and-over with SOL so that they can pay rent and don’t get deleted, you will usually make them rent exempt so that you only have to pay rent once.

To make an account rent exempt you just have to deposit 2 years worth of rent, and then it can continue to exist on the blockchain without having to pay rent continually.

The more bytes stored in an account, the more rent it has to pay, so the amount of rent needed to make an account rent exempt will be different for different accounts.

Not positive I understood your question, let me know if you still have questions!

Dear Zicklag, I am very happy to have found you because your aknowledgment helps me very mutch! I am planning to create a token and a collection of cards. I need to know this point: effectively the way to create a complete asset. Please would you provide a link to a guide that can bring me up at the right place to create a rental account? I know how is easy to mint tokens and nfts on Solana, but not only this, I need also to create a complete machine running on a blockchain. I need to create a personal wallet that can manage my personal tokens and its NFTs collection. Into this private echosystem I should have the complete function to buy and sell NFTs privately, spending my new minted token. I don’t need the linsting on exchanges, because this token will be private for a restricted group of persons. I need the machine in background: Solana, on wich run my echosystem. So please I need links to go to understand. Thanks a lot. (The Metaplex link was very very usefull)

It sound like to be here:

I’ll give a more complete reply once I get the chance, but you usually don’t have to manually create the accounts. Whatever tool you use to mint tokens will usually do that for you.

Anyway, I’ll get to a more complete reply later, but I do have one other question: do you want to run this on the Solana mainnet-beta, or are you wanting to run your own Solana network just between you and your private group?

Hello, many thanks to have you here again. I know that there are three blockchains. One is the mainnet; the second is the testnet for Solana internal developers; the devnet is for external developers like me. I know that the second and the tird can be resetted and obviously there is not a chance to make a little working, and running, case on them. Obviously I mean to migrate to the mainnet when the machine works. If Devnet is stable and not resetted I could do there my project because I don’t wanto to sell these tokens away, and I don’t expect to see my tokens on the exchange lists. Thanks!!

OK, gotcha. :+1:

You shouldn’t need to create rental accounts manually. Accounts are actually the very way that apps on Solana store data, so Metaplex should handle creating the raw accounts for you, and it will charge you the SOL necessary to make sure that the accounts that Metaplex creates will be rent-exempt, so that they aren’t deleted later on.

For your use-case it sounds like you pretty much just need to deploy a fork of the Metaplex UI, with modifications to allow trading with your custom token. I haven’t used Metaplex myself, so I don’t have a lot of guidance, but I think that is the direction you’ll want to go.

Also, I don’t think you need to fork any wallet. Phantom already supports Metaplex NFTs, I think, so the only thing you should need to do is:

1. Create a new SPL token. This should be doable with the SPL Token commandline utility
  2. Fork and deploy the Metaplex UI and modify it for your use-case

I’m not sure any details after that, but I think your best bet is just modifying Metaplex.

Dear Zicklag, many thanks, you solved my problem and now I have a roadmap thank to your suggestions!!!

2 Likes

Awesome, so glad I could help!