Repair Protocol Error on AWS environment

I have been trying to build a private network on AWS environment.
After the leader node starts, on the different instance, the second node starts and connect to the leader node. Then it successfully downloads snapshot from the leader node.

After that, the node does not enable to synchronize with the leader node and there is an error “solana_core::serve_repair] {Node ID }: Ignored received repair requests from ME”, how can I solve this problem? After downloading snapshot from the leader node, the node’s root slot remains unchanged.

2 Likes

Hi there,it is due that your leader(bootstrap) node must be having 127.0.0.1(localhost) in the IP of gossip.
By default if no entrypoint is given, which you cannot in case of bootstrap validator, it broadcasts localhost in gossip. your other instance sends serve_repair requests to that IP and with that IP being localhost ends up sending requests to itself.
Use --gossip-host flag in bootstrap-validator arguments to specify your node’s IP. Further, you may have to pass --public-rpc-address also to broadcast your rpc address in gossip.
You can check the values using “solana gossip” command to see all values are as expected for your validator pubkey.

2 Likes