Requesting Read-Only Discourse API key: Building a protocol upgrade discussion notifier

Hello, I’m representing the Stakefish Validator Group and we’re building an internal api (that we plan to open source) with the goal of having an up-to-date list of protocol upgrades for the Solana ecosystem. The goal is to be able to participate in these discussion early enough that we might participate in them before they go to off-chain “vote”. Without a tool like the one we’re building, we’re forced to manually check the relevant forum categories every day.

Is there someone I could DM about this?

Thanks,
Teddy Knox
Stakefish

Hi @teddyknox and welcome to the forum! :wave:

Who are you wanting to talk to? A developer to help you with the API, or a Solana Foundation member?

Hi @zicklag, thanks for the warm welcome.

To answer your question: We would really like to connect with a Solana Foundation member with the authority and Discourse moderator privileges to help us to a read-only API key.

Thanks!

Ah, OK, makes sense.

Unfortunately I’ve been trying to get admin privileges on the Discourse forum lately, and I can’t seem to get in touch with anybody who has any kind of permissions here. :confused:

I’m not sure what it is, but the forum seems almost abandoned by the Solana Foundation, and I’m the only one here actually answering questions, at lest for the last ~3 months since I signed up.

I’ve tried asking on Discord to see if anybody knew who an admin was, and I’ve direct messaged all the admins here on the forum with no response.

I think I’m going to try to reach out again on Discord, send them an Email, and maybe post something on Redit to try and get some notice.

If I can get admin access I should be able to give you an API key if you need it.

That would be amazing @zicklag, thank you. It’s hard to believe that nobody’s driving the bus here. Let me know if I can chime in anywhere.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks. Any more people to help push the need in front of whoever could help. :+1: