Sent Sol to fantom address by mistake

Hi, by mistake a sent Sol to a valid fantom address of mine. The transaction is still in progress since some hours ago. Can I get back my SOL?

Hi @Pedroma and welcome to the forum!

I don’t think I’ve heard of fantom, are they like an exchange or something similar? If they manage the address that you sent the tokens to, then you will have to contact them for support. Unfortunately you will have to get support to do one or two things:

1. They have to give you the private key of the address that you transferred the tokens to. They will almost surely not do this for security reasons.
  2. They have to transfer the tokens back to you. The chances of this are fairly slim, too, but it’s worth asking.

As always, when asking for support:

:warning: Warning: Telegram and Discord and other messaging platforms are a haven for people trying to scam you. Never give anybody your seed phrase or private key. Even support officials and admins will never ask for your seed phrase or private key. And never use a wallet app that you have not used before if somebody asks you to. They will fake a real wallet and use the fake wallet to steal all of your tokens.

Otherwise, if you have the private key or seed phrase for the account that you transferred the tokens to, you can transfer them back yourself.

1 Like