Solana-install-tmp\solana-install-init.exe ACCESS DENIED

Hello everyone, sorry for the disturbance.
I am installing solana on a windows 10 following the information on: Install the Solana Tool Suite | Solana Docs
I start the command
curl https://release.solana.com/v1.9.10/solana-install-init-x86_64-pc-windows-msvc.exe --output C:\solana-install-tmp\solana-install-init.exe --create-dirs
which is executed correctly but when I execute:
C:\solana-install-tmp\solana-install-init.exe v1.9.10
returns
“access denied”
I’ve tried a thousand ways but I can’t continue, can anyone help me?

Hi @Funky and welcome to the forum! :wave:

Please beware of @SolanaDev who is a scammer that pretends to be a Solana official. Never give anybody your seed phrase or private key or they will steal your funds! There’s no such thing as synchronizing your wallet.

I don’t have a Windows machine to test on unfortunately, but I’ve heard other users have the same permission denied error.

If you are trying to get into Solana development, the recommended approach is to install the Solana CLI using the Linux install instructions inside of a WSL ( Windows Subsystem for Linux ) shell. You should probably try that.

1 Like

Hello Funky,

You need to run those command in PowerSheel running as Administrator and it will solve your problem.

I also suggest you to use Install WSL | Microsoft Docs as it will solve lot of compiling problem you will have developing under Win10.

Best regards

I HAVE BEEN TRY TO INSTALL .SOL CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLZ?

$ C:\solana-install-tmp\solana-install-init.exe v1.10.8
bash: C:solana-install-tmpsolana-install-init.exe: command not found