Tokens in circulation and burning coins

Hello. I am a bit inexperienced. But I have some doubts.

My question is in general with the coins in circulation and the burning of said coins.
Example:

• Is it possible to know how many coins will be in circulation in 2022?
  • Or is it possible to know how many coins will be burned, is there a date, how is the process?

I hope you can answer these questions, I do not have much experience yet in the crypto world, but I want to learn and I have not found this information accurately.

Hi @Francescq and welcome to the forum!

Those are good questions! I don’t know the answers to them yet, but if you haven’t seen it yet, the docs do have a section on Solana economics:

It appears that the exact economics are subject to change, which makes some sense when the Solana mainnet is still in beta, but they do have some proposals for the inflation rate and the partial burning of transaction fees in order to counter inflation.

I haven’t read through it all yet, but probably worth a read and it might have the answers to your questions.

That’s great! I’m relatively new to crypto too but I’ve been learning as much as I can and have learned a lot recently. Trying to answer peoples questions here on the forum has helped me learn new stuff too. :slight_smile:

If you have more crypto-related questions don’t hesitate to ask! I may not have the answers, but I might have ideas on where to look. And I might learn something from your questions, too!

At the moment this forum is quiet enough that I can get pinged on every post, so if you open any topics I’ll see them.

1 Like

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to me. I will read this file and try to find the answers. Thanks again!

2 Likes