For all the Validators who are intending to participate in next weeks Validator Dry Run, please find below a detailed agenda of events including instructions for setting up your Keybase Username and Public Key.
These steps are mandatory if you want to be included in the genesis block for the dry run and the main Tour De SOL event.
*Please note that even if you already have a Keybase Username, you still need to take some of the actions provided in the instructions below.
Validator Dry Run #1 Agenda (33 hour duration):
- Validators to setup Keybase Username & Public Key: 17th July to 22nd of July 5pm PT
- Cluster Boot: 24th of July 8am PT
- Start of Dry Run #1: 24th of July 9am PT
- End of Dry Run #1 : 25th of July 5pm PT
GPU’s not required for Dry Run #1
Edit #1: Validator Dry Run #2 is now revised to be an ad-hoc Dry Run throughout the balance of August.
Validator Dry Run #2 Agenda (57 hour duration):
- Validators to setup Keybase Username & Public Key: 26th of July to 29th of July 5pm PT
- Cluster Boot: 30th of July 8am PT
- Start of Dry Run #2: 30th of July 9am PT
- End of Dry Run #2: 1st of August 5pm PT
Instructions to Setup Keybase Username & Public Key:
Install the latest Solana v0.16.X release (https://github.com/solana-labs/solana/releases)
Please follow the documentation at https://github.com/solana-labs/tour-de-sol#validator-public-key-registration to register your validator’s public key
We’ll be manually adding your Keybase Username (please send me your Keybase Username if you haven’t already to email@example.com) to the Public Registry spreadsheet, and automatically extracting the Public Key from there. The automatic extraction will run every 24 hours leading up to each dry run and we’ll contact you via email if there’s any issues
If you’ve taken the steps provided above, and want to check up on the status, the Public Registry spreadsheet is the best place to check.
I’ll be the point of contact for any issues for this process, so please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org