USDC tokens send to USDT adress by mistake

Hi,
Yesterday I made transaction with use of USDC tokens from my binance account, and the destination adress should be my wallet on sollet.io but instead I’ve send them to usdt adress by mistake:
Es9vMFrzaCERmJfrF4H2FYD4KCoNkY11McCe8BenwNYB

I’ve already spoken with USDT support but they said, they can’t do anything because transaction took place on Solana chain so i should talk with someone from Solana.

I wonder if aren’t they the owners of this adress Es9vMFrzaCERmJfrF4H2FYD4KCoNkY11McCe8BenwNYB
so basically they could just send the tokens back?

If not, is there any other way to recover lost tokens?

1 Like

Hi @Mobidas and welcome to the forum! :wave:

I’m almost sure your tokens are lost. Sorry about that!

I don’t think anybody really has access to that address to transfer the tokens back to you, as it is actually the address of the token itself.

Still, you could ask on the Discord to see if anybody else has any ideas, but as always:

:warning: Warning: Telegram and Discord and other messaging platforms are a haven for people trying to scam you. Never give anybody your seed phrase or private key. Even support officials and admins will never ask for your seed phrase or private key. And never use a wallet app that you have not used before if somebody asks you to. They will fake a real wallet and use the fake wallet to steal all of your tokens.

1 Like

Hi, same here.
I made a mistake to transfer USDT from my Binance account to my Coinbase account. But send it to the SOL wallet to receive instead of my USDT wallet.
Is there a change to recover this?

1 Like

Hi @delsoljens and welcome to the forum. :wave:

If you sent it to a Coinbase wallet you have to contact Coinbase support to see if there’s anything that they can do about it.

I don’t think they’ll be able to help, but it’s worth asking.

1 Like

Hi, TY.
I already tried, but they say it’s not possible at this moment because they don’t support Sol network transactions at this moment.
They said I needed to contact someone from Sol itself to see if they can solve it…

1 Like

Oh, wait, did you send it to a wallet address managed by Coinbase or to a Solana wallet? Do you mind sharing the address you sent it to?

1 Like

Binance says that the transfer was okay and completed.
Coinbase says that it’s has never arrived.

When they support Sol transfers in the future they said they could check again for me…

1 Like

Ah, bummer. The transaction when through fine, and the money is deposited in that wallet, but if Coinbase owns the private key for that address and they don’t support taking Solana tokens, then you will have to wait until they support it and see if they will credit those tokens to your Coinbase account.

The only other possibility is to convince them to let you have the private key for that wallet, which is probably against their policy, so that you can transfer the tokens out of the account.

Hopefully they will add support later, and you will be able to get the tokens back like that.

Sorry!

1 Like

Understood and thank you very much for your quick response.

2 Likes

Did they support solana transactions ?could u sent usdt to their solana adress ? How could u possible sent usdt to their solana wallet if they dont support solana transactions ?

İ made tge same mistake , sent usdt to other exchanges solana adress but they dont support but seems tethers at solana network correctly

1 Like

Hi Hansumas,
this is exactly the point. Off course it was my stupid mistake. There was no warning. For XRP for example they say it’s not possible but for my USDT to Sol there was now warning.

They told me now the money isn’t gone. It’s only that you can’t reach it untill Coinbase do support Sol to receive.

1 Like

İf they dont support solana with usdt transactions could they still retrieve or get back to your original usdt adress(binance i guess ) ? Or they had to add support solana with usdt?

1 Like

They said they will look for it, the didn’t confirm it will be 100% possible.

1 Like

So did i get it right they dont support sol for tether transactions but still try to retrieve or withdraw for you ? Did they own the solana adrres that u sent it ? They can do whatever try to recover from your solona acoount do i get it right ? How could be possible if they dont has support for tether with solona …did they only accept erc20 for tether ?

By the way if they add solona for tether chain could u %100 get your usdt back or its still big if ?

1 Like

So did i get it right they dont support sol for tether transactions but still try to retrieve or withdraw for you ? YES
Did they own the solana adrres that u sent it ? YES, it was the adres in my Coinbase wallet.
They can do whatever try to recover from your solona acoount do i get it right ? YES
How could be possible if they dont has support for tether with solona …did they only accept erc20 for tether ? YES, it’s strange…more of a Binance issue, because they completed it and Coinbase couldn’t put it in the correct wallet yet.

By the way if they add solona for tether chain could u %100 get your usdt back or its still big if ? One big if…

1 Like

Please keep sharing ,update the coinbase attitude and progress about this issue…i will update mine too if any progress happens

1 Like

After added solona to the usdt (if they would add) why is it still big if ? İsnt it revokable or reversable after the update ? Still could u lose your usdt ?

1 Like

It’s still a big if because it totally depends on how the exchange sets up their technology.

For instance, Binance seems to work by detecting transfers into your wallet and having a computer system automatically detect when funds are added to that wallet, then adding them to your Binance account and transfering the tokens to their enormous Binance wallet.

Different exchanges may do this differently, but if they don’t set their system a certain way, it might not detect the tokens that were in there before they added support for Solana USDT.

The only way to make sure you can get the tokens back is to have the exchange give you the private key for the wallet that you sent it to, but I think that’s something that they won’t do for security reasons.

Yes Zicklag, understood.
I see it as a loss, and when the will support I will contact them again.
We made a mistake by putting USDT on a SOL network, maybe there will come a day…

Keep u updated :slight_smile:

1 Like