This post is the place for Solana Validators to provide information on their validation services.
Anyone can see official stats and results of Solana validator participation and performance to date here
Refresher on Solana networks mentioned in the link above:
- Tour de SOL is our incentivized testnet.
- Running since July 2019, we’ve had 4 ‘stages’ and ~100 validators participation
- As described in the linked results above, reward have been delivered to validators in the following categories:
- Attacks & Bugs
- Smart Contract challenge (Stage 4)
- “Soft Launch” networks - a series of testnets that lead to the launch of Mainnet Beta
- Solana’s production network (aka mainnet)
- Running since March 19th 2020 with upwards of 80 validator participants
Note regarding delegations: Centralizing all delegations to a small group of validators tends to have negative consequences for the network. Spreading stakes across multiple (e.g. 5-10) validators would likely help the ecosystem grow in safety and benefit all stakeholders.
To Solana Validators:
This thread is your opportunity to present any information about your validation service that a potential investor might find useful when shopping for staking services. Please keep it to one post per validator. Some info that we think may be helpful:
- Uptime and performance stats from TdS & Mainnet Beta
- Duration of involvement with Solana
- Links to contributions (features, github issues, bugs uncovered, blog posts) to the Solana ecosystem
- Experience outside of Solana