Summary of Solana’s Validator Roundtable #2 (20/5/2019)
- Three ways to get help: Discord, Forums, and these bi-weekly Roundtables
- Tour de SOL (Solana’s incentivized testnet)
- Goal launch date ~beginning of August
- Likely 2-3 competitions (‘stages’) - focused on transaction processing (throughput) and Proof-of-Replication validating
- We want your help!
- If you have opinions on GoS (or incentivized testnets in general) and 15min to spare, let us know - we’d love to chat.
- Much more detail to come.
- Testnet is stable!
- If you haven’t already, join us.
- Validators should think about path toward GPUs
- Check out validator specs here (specifically, the mid-range option on the ‘alternatives’ tab should be plenty of firepower)
- Will be necessary for Tour de Sol
- What are replicator nodes?
- Light clients that are incentivized to store the ledger.
- PoH allows us to stripe and store the ledger in a distributed way providing multi-factor redundancy without any single node needing to store the whole thing
- Providing replication to the network will be a lower-overhead network onboarding option than through validation.
- Replication rewards will likely be auto-delegated to a validator chosen by the replicator.
- Next Validator Roundtable will be scheduled for Thurs June 6th (and bi-weekly Thursdays following) - keep an eye out for the invite.
Links and Resources