Summary of Solana’s Validator Roundtable #2 (6/6/2019)
- End of June release (v0.16.0) will have full PoH (Proof of History) enabled. This means you’re going to want to start deploying systems with GPUs!
- We don’t want hardware to be a barrier to entry, if you have questions/concerns/etc about getting up and running with GPUs, don’t hesitate to reach out - we can help make it happen.
- Validator specs here
Tour de SOL approacheth
- Three stages: payment processing, smart contract processing and proof-of-replication processing (see minutes for more details)
- Registration soon (FYI - KYC/AML will be required to fully participate)
- Full details in July
- Stage 1 kickoff aiming for first week in August
- How to stay up to date?
- #validator-announcements Discord channel is single source of truth for all Solana Validator related information. Please subscribe to announcements.
- Whats your plan?
- Help us understand how y’all are going to be setting up your systems, please let us know whether you plan to run validation in the cloud vs co-lo vs at home here.
Links & Resources: