What type of AWS will be bare minimum for a validator node?

I need to change a tiny detail in the source code of Solana, recompile it, set up and let it sync, and then test a change. I’ll let it run for a few days this time.

(1) All that will require that my new server to become a validator, right?

(2) And what would be a bare minimum type of AWS server for that? And how will it cost per day approximately.

Note that I won’t need it to be fast, I’ll only need to test it for a few days.

Hi @igor382 and welcome to the forum! :wave:

I’m not sure myself, but that would probably be a good question for the Solana developer Discord channel:

:warning: Warning: Telegram and Discord and other messaging platforms are a haven for people trying to scam you. Never give anybody your seed phrase or private key. Even support officials and admins will never ask for your seed phrase or private key. And never use a wallet app that you have not used before if somebody asks you to. They will fake a real wallet and use the fake wallet to steal all of your tokens.

But to use it? I can’t see any activity, any channel, any members. Nothing. I’ve verified my phone.

Hmm, I don’t know. I think I joined before they changed the user validation rules.

You might have to go to the roles channel and click an emoji associated to what roles you want to join on the server.