What is CA?
A chartered accountant is a professional member of the national professional accounting body of the country, and in the case of India, this professional accounting body is the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
This profession is not easy to get into but if you manage to do so, it offers a great career path, salary, and respect among people.
One of the reasons why people respect chartered accountants is not because of the designation or pay, it is mainly because it is not easy to become one. By taking help from CA Foundation books one can crack the CA Exam.
Various levels of CA examination:
There are three levels of examination
- CA Foundation.
- CA Intermediate.
- CA Final.
Various Courses Of CA
Criteria of CA foundation course:
· The candidate must be 12th passed from a recognized board
· Candidates must have registered under the Board of Studies (BOS) for the CA Foundation Course before the last day of registration, or to be converted into a Foundation Course with the Board of Studies of ICAI.
CA Intermediate Level:
· Candidate must have passed CA Foundation Examination or can enter through the Direct Entry Scheme after graduation.
· Commerce students must be having 55% in graduation and postgraduation to enter through Direct Entry Route.
· Non-Commerce students must be having 60% in graduation and postgraduation to enter through Direct Entry Route.
· CA intermediate has two groups Group 1 and Group 2
· To pass this exam a candidate must gain at least 40% in each paper and a total of 50% in total marks.
CA Final Course:
· CA Final is the toughest part in the journey of an aspiring Chartered Accountant.
· Candidates can apply for CA Final after clearing the CA Intermediate which is the second Level
· After passing the CA Intermediate exam one is eligible to register for the CA Final Course.
· The Final level has 8 Subjects which are divided into 2 groups.
Documents Required at Various levels
Documents required for CA Foundation Course:
· Attested copy of the Admit Card/ Marksheet of the 12th examination issued by the respective board.
· One latest coloured photograph should be affixed on the online registration form.
· Attested copy of the proof of Nationality, if the student is a foreigner.
· Attested copy of the proof of special category certificate i.e., ST/SC/OBC, differently-abled.
· Attested copy of 10th Admit card or Marksheet.
Documents required for CA intermediate:
For CA Foundation Route:
Submit an attested copy of the Marksheet of class 12th or its equivalent Central Govt. recognized examination pass mark statement.
Affix a coloured and latest photograph on the hard copy of the registration form.
Attested copy of the proof of Nationality, if the student is a foreigner.
Attested copy of the proof of special category certificate i.e., SC/ST/OBC or Differently abled.
For Direct Entry Scheme Route:
Submit an attested copy of the Graduation / Post Graduation Marksheet OR
Marksheet or Mark statement of Intermediate level Examination of ICSI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India) or ICWAI (Institute of Cost Accountants of India)
One coloured and latest photograph should be attested on the printout of the online registration form.
Attested copy of the proof of Nationality, if the student is Foreigner.
Attested copy of the proof of the special category i.e., SC/ST/OBC or Differently abled.
Procedure to register for the Articleship Training:
· To start Articleship training, purchase Forms 102 and 103 from the ICAI by paying a fee of Rs-50/-.
· Candidates can also download Forms 102 and 103 free of cost from the institute’s official website for registration of the article and one has to pay Rs-50/- Extra while submitting the form.
CA examination eligibility
There are two options to pursue a Chartered Accountancy (CA) course.
· Foundation Entry
If a person opts to pursue a Chartered Accountancy course after the 12th standard they can directly register for the Foundation or CPT course through the Foundation Entry option.
· Direct Entry
If a person opts to pursue a Chartered Accountancy course after graduation or the students who cleared the Intermediate level of the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of India (ICMAI) or The Institute of Company Secretaries of India. (ICSI), they can directly register for the Intermediate course through the Direct Entry option.
How to prepare:
Though it takes a lot of effort and hard work to crack the CA examinations in the first attempt, it is definitely not impossible.
However, while preparing for such an important exam one needs to be:
· Manage time well
· Take regular mocks and
· Refer to the best books for CA Foundation.
Given below are the five habits every CA candidate must have as follows:
- CA candidates should have proper planning and should have set goals to cover the entire syllabus.
- CA candidates should have a habit of daily revision of theory subjects and solve one mock test paper daily.
- Candidates should focus on every topic of the syllabus and try not to skip topics. Also, try to have a crystal-clear concept of each topic.
- Candidates should know how to manage time and utilize more of the time in CA preparation.
- Candidates should have a habit of making notes and should know their own weaknesses.