Whoops... Unable to accept invite

Seeing this error when trying to join the discord community … trying to learn the Solana programming paradigm

1 Like

Hi @yolo.diamonds and welcome to the forum! :wave:

Try using the link here and if that doesn’t work try changing your username and joining again:

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response, the above link did not work, Discord automatically adds a # to the username, is that not the Solana Server treats as unique? Worried what the consequences of changing my nickname would be to the other Servers I am on.

1 Like

The server doesn’t like you having the same nickname as somebody else, because it’s a common trick used by scammers to confuse people, but I don’t know what changing your name might do for other servers.

@ansi09 might be able to help, or I might be able to ask an admin if you give me your username, next time I get on the Discord.

1 Like

Hi @zicklag, I tried to join solana discord but I got permanently banned for simply having mod at the beginning of my username. now I changed it to marcrypto [discord handle is marcrypto#8836]. could you please unban me and send me an invite?

1 Like

I’ll let an admin know. I’m not usually on Discord so I’m not exactly sure when I’ll get to it, but probably not later than a week from now.

Alright. hope to here from soon.

Hi, I got the same error, even after changing my username and using the persistent link, @mocrypto were you able to get into the discord?

I still haven’t been able to get on Discord to try to get you guys on, but I’ll throw your name out too when I get the chance if you want to share it @grant535 .

hey @zicklag its the same as my username here: grant535

1 Like

Hi All, i am having the same issues as OP. Discord name: roba.sol#7270

1 Like

An update on my situation. I tried changing my Discord username as well and no such luck. Still unable to join.

Sorry folks, haven’t been able to get on with your names recently, I’ll still try next I get on Discord, just don’t know exactly when that will be.

Here’s another user for my own reference when I get to this:

1 Like

my discord is: smile#0700

my discord is: wdulkowski#9710

1 Like

I am having the same problem as the OP. Would appreciate getting assistance on entering the Discord as well. Username is wallypues#2876. Cheers

1 Like

@DevBlaze I’ll mention your name in Discord when I get the chance, hopefully soon. Sorry for the wait everybody! I’ve been busy and I’ve got on-and-off access to Discord so things just haven’t lined up yet.

Hi Zicklag - Just a friendly reminder. did you get a chance to mention my username devblaze1148#1148 on discord? I am still not able to add myself to the Solana Tech discord server. I am a dev and can help the Solana eco-system. I just need to have access to dev chats, so that I can figure out how I can add value.

Hi @DevBlaze thanks for the reminder. I’m real sorry I haven’t been able to get to this sooner. I’ll try to get to it tomorrow, and we’ll see how that goes.

I’ll let you know as soon as I do it.

1 Like

Thanks @zicklag , my discord username is wallypues#2876

1 Like