Why can't i join the discord?

from Discord:

Linus (Discord)

Nov 15, 2021, 9:23 PST

Hey DC,

Thanks for providing the invite link!

It’s also showing up as expired for me here. Invitations can be set to expire (there are expiration options such as 30 mins, 6 hours, 1 day) and/or have a limited number of uses.

Could you ask one of the moderators to go to Server Settings > Invites and have them delete all previous invites they’ve created? They’ll then be able to generate a new link by clicking the ‘+’ icon next to the channel, or by heading to Server Settings > Invites > Create one.

1 Like

hi, i will need the discord link too, i don’t have access to it.
thank you
Gringo#0571

I haven’t had time to get on Discord in the last few days, but I’ll definitely post your usernames and try to see about the expired link as soon as I get the chance.

i can’t join on discrod too weltam#2422

the same things with telegram… @zicklag

1 Like

I’m in the same position (unable to accept invite).

If a kind soul could do the honours it would be appreciated:

pcm#1947

I’ll try to get to this today, but no promises. :slight_smile:

The fact that there’s this many of you who can’t get on should help solidify the fact that this needs to be fixed to the Discord admins.

1 Like

thanks zig. looking forward.

1 Like

I forwarded all your names to Discord, and I wasn’t on long enough to know for sure whether or not I got a reply, but hopefully an admin will see that, and it’d be worth trying to login again once y’all get the chance.

Hope that helps!

Also, somebody said that the Solana discord link is set not to expire, so @dcdenison I’m not sure what the issue there was. Somebody commented something along the lines of “the Discord devs don’t even know what’s with the bugs in their program, not surprised”.

I’m not sure if there’s anything to do about that or not. :man_shrugging: Hopefully we can at least get you guys on.

If this helped you I’d really appreciate a tip, no matter how small, in whatever Solana or SPL tokens you prefer. It will help me spend time helping people on this forum and learning more about crypto. My wallet address is 9ftYTyetEXtLtDkhfRF8bCWGfKZqiYmx2HDZDTogZh6A . Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks. Just tried it. Still doesn’t work. Oh well.

Bummer. Well, I’m going to keep pestering them. Especially in the light of the fact that the forum doesn’t get a lot of activity from the devs, there shouldn’t be any problem for honest users trying to get on Discord.

1 Like

I’m surprised this hasn’t come up more often. One of the first things you do when you start using/investigating something in crypto land — join the Discord server!

2 Likes

Hey everybody, just found a reply on Discord, they said that everybody’s names I posted except for zoeart#5248 have duplicate usernames as people already on Discord, which autoban will block because it is a strategy used by scammers all the time, so you’ll have to make your name unique before joining. Hopefully that will get you in!

Hi, I notice you have help numerous people to get back on discord. My user name is Bigbaby67 they suspended my account for some reason . I was asking numerous questions on Solana Tech to get a issue resolve with transferring the wrong Solana token to my KuCoin account. It was ten of thousand of dollars and I just said that I would reward anyone that could actually help me retrieve my tokens. If you could find out how.I get back on discord to rectify this issue would be very grateful.

@Swiftly it looks like that account was already unbanned and you should be able to log in, or else the username already exists so you need to use a different username.

Hi All , I’m also trying to join discord through your invite. But alway without success.
can someone send another link for me pls ?

Hello, can someone please added me to the Discord channel? I am also having issues. user: simpdigit#8422

Maybe I can invite you myself, what happens with this link:

If it doesn’t work let me know. It’s a different link than the one on the Solana home page: it doesn’t have that random element at the end of the URL, it’s just https://discord.gg/solana, so I think that this URL has to be non-expiring.

The expiring link is a different issue from the duplicate usernames, though, so if anybody else has issues joining the Discord with the link I just posted, try changing your nickname, maybe, and then trying again.

If this helped you I’d really appreciate a tip, no matter how small, in whatever Solana or SPL tokens you prefer. It will help me spend time helping people on this forum and learning more about crypto. My wallet address is 9ftYTyetEXtLtDkhfRF8bCWGfKZqiYmx2HDZDTogZh6A . Thanks!

I tried the link above @zicklag . Perhaps can you invite me? simpdig it#8422

I can try it later if I get the chance, but did you try changing your name? Did it give you any specific error message?

Changing the name worked for me. Thanks!

1 Like